There are many different types of Quilt Wadding (called Batting in the U.S.) each suitable for different uses.
- 100% cotton - soft finish, heirloom quilts, 5% shrinkage
- 100% polyester - functional items, bags, cushion covers, no shrinkage
- 80/20 cotton/poly mix - soft, but less shrinkage than all cotton, good for hand quilting
- Ultra-thin wadding - drapable, good for clothes, throws, tablecloths
- Heat-Resistant - Good for tableware, hard to hand quilt
Try different types and different makes to find the ones you like best.